- Cloud Computing - First Steps to Creating an Effective Strategy
- Customer is the King in 2013 ERP Trend Prediction
- Modular ERP Helps in Global Business Expansion
- Enterprise Mobility - Exploring the 4 Phases to Effective Establishment
- Enterprise Mobile Application Development - 3 Myths to Ignore
- Implementing Progressive Enhancement in Web Design - Exploring the Approach
- Mobile Web Development - Important Guidelines to Follow
- Hire a PHP Web Development Company for Definite Result
- Building an Improved Web Application for your Business
- Creating a User-Friendly Website - Steps to Follow
Posted on Aug 18, 2009 by Infoway
In today's competitive world, to prove that you are better managed, more organized, target oriented and optimized in all respects is to have CMMI registration. The acronym CMMI can be expanded as Capability Maturity Model Integration. CMMI model gives a framework that helps to improve the different business processes to meet the organizational goals. CMM is the predecessor of CMMI and CMMI took its final shape in 2002. After having a valid appraisal conducted by authorized Lead Appraiser, SEI collects the appraisal data. On request, SEI will publish the result in their website. There are basically two different CMMI registration process - Continuous and Staged. If appraisal is granted for all the areas, then it falls under continuous process and if it is separately granted for one area, then it becomes staged.
There are different levels (1-5) of CMMI. Infoway as a web development company provides world class web development services. It is in the process of getting the CMMI level 1 registration. There are certain striking benefits associated with CMMI registration. Let's take a look:
- Helps in better merging of engineering activities to organizational goals.
- It helps to locate and eliminate loopholes and obstacles existing in the different parts of the organization.
- To ensure that the products or the services meet customer's satisfactions by improving the product life cycle process, better project management and improved development process.
- Reduction in defects rate.
- Implementation of improved, high-level and robust practices.
- Increased Return On Investment (ROI).
- Helps to prioritize the work.
- Effective collaboration of systems engineering, software engineering and product engineering.
- Sets the guideline/framework for continuous process improvement.
- Increased and improved productivity and decreased delays in target achievement.
These are some of the many benefits enjoyed by CMMI companies. So, if you haven't yet thought of CMMI registration, then don't waste any more time. It is one of the most important steps to win the trust and respect of your customers.